On our appointment as your Body Corporate Manager, we will attend to all of the Administrative and Financial needs of the Body Corporate. We know that our customer service focus, attention to detail and timely response initiatives provide our clients with a sense of certainty, that their Body Corporate is being managed professionally and efficiently. A fully list of our services is provided below.
- Keep custody, use and supervise the use of the Body Corporate Seal.
- Notices required under the Body Corporate and Community Management Act
- Pay insurance premiums
- Attending to the lodgement of and follow up on body corporate insurance claims
- Maintaining the Body Corporate roll
- Maintaining the Register of Assets
- Maintaining the Register of Engagements and Authorisations
- Maintaining the Register of Authorisations affecting Common Property
- Maintaining the Register of Allocations under Exclusive Use By-laws
- Ensure the roll is available for inspection, supervision of those inspections, and ensuring that Body Corporate Disclosure Statements & Information Certificates are delivered promptly.
- Implementation of all the decisions of the body corporate and the committee.
- Attending to matters concerning breaches of By-laws such as, but not limited to, issuing of correspondence.
- Prepare and issue notices calling for Committee nominations and motions for the Annual General Meeting.
- Convene and attend the annual general meeting, committee meetings and extraordinary general meetings as required and as per legislative requirements
- Prepare and distribute notice of meetings as per legislative requirements
- Record and distribute minutes of meetings as per legislative requirements
- Prepare and distribute notices of vote outside of a Committee Meetings as per legislative requirements
- Prepare, record and distribute resolutions of votes outside of a Committee Meetings as per legislative requirements
- Arrange for the appointment of a returning officer
- Advice provided to individual lot owners
- Open, maintain and operate a bank account in the name of a Body Corporate
- Reconcile bank account on a daily basis
- Prepare statements of account for each financial year
- Prepare a draft budget for each financial year
- Prepare and issue levy contribution notices to lot owners
- Receipting, banking and accounting for monies paid to the Body Corporate
- Monitoring arrears and debtors and attending to any associated legal issues
- Payment of Body Corporate accounts, including any salaries and/or wages
- Attending to the Income Taxation reporting obligations of the Body Corporate
- Attending to the BAS reporting obligations of the Body Corporate, if applicable
- Prepare periodic accounts of the Body Corporate
- Process levy payments received and process and pay accounts of the Body Corporate
- Prepare financial records and statements as required by Body Corporate legislation
Property Maintenance and Facility Management
- Provide advice in relation to the building’s maintenance and other general matters
- Attend to arrangements for the maintenance, repair or replacement of the common property or body corporate assets as directed by the body corporate and it’s Committee
- Liaise with independent contractors in relation to utility services
- Organise quotes on behalf and as directed by the Body Corporate
- Issue Work Orders to tradesman on behalf and as directed by the Body Corporate
- Ensure tradesman are correctly insured and have appropriate licensing
We offer many other services to our clients as the need arises. Most of these services are not required day to day or even year to year, so they are NOT factored into the basic administration fee that we charge.
The charges for these services are clearly outlined in our administration agreement. Please note that we would not attend to any additional services without the written consent of hte Body Corporate or its Committee, as the case maybe.
- Prepare applications/submissions to Commissioner for the Body Corporate and arrange lodgement of documents with Department of Natural Resources and Mines on behalf and as directed by the Body Corporate
- Liaise with lawyers, accountants, tax agents, architects, surveyors and engineers and other professionals as required
- Coordination of Technical Reports including Sinking Fund Forecasts, Insurance Valuations and WHS Compliance Reports
- To make application and submissions under the Dispute Resolution Process as prescribed in the Act
- To attend any conference or hearing conducted under the Dispute Resolution Process in the Act
- To instruct solicitors, attend conferences and generally supervise legal proceedings involving the Body Corporate
- To arrange and attend any meetings of the Body Corporate not allowed for in the Agreement
- To liaise with Architects, Engineers, Surveyors, Builders and the like in relation to any work carried out by the Manager pursuant to the Agreement
- To arrange for the preparation and lodgement of income tax returns on behalf of the Body Corporate
- To arrange maintenance, repair or replacement of the common property and personal property vested in the Body Corporate which is not normal day to day maintenance, repair and replacement
Details of all the above services are set out in our Administration Agreements. A copy of this document will be provided to you when you request an obligation free quote from Sovereign Strata Management.